Welcome to Mind in Ealing and Hounslow
Mind in Ealing and Hounslow (MiEH) has served the residents of the two boroughs for over twenty years, working with and on behalf of the most deprived members of the community - people with mental health problems.
A main aspect of our work is the combat of discrimination and stigmatisation involving education, information-giving and targeted outreach to the general population. We aim to encourage our service users to have the confidence to co-operate with our efforts to support them in their social, practical, emotional and health needs.
Mind in Ealing and Hounslow is committed to working for and alongside people with mental health issues in order to provide facilities, training and resources to enable them to manage their affairs and participate more independently in society.
Our vision is of an equitable society in which everybody is enabled to achieve the best they can for themselves.
We seek to do this by:
- Advancing the views, needs and ambitions of people with mental health issues.
- Challenging discrimination in all forms, promoting diversity and inclusion.
- Influencing policy and attitudes through education.
- Developing and providing quality services which meet real and expressed need.
- Working in partnership with organisations in the statutory and voluntary sectors to develop services that encourage independence and enhance quality of life.
- Actively involving service users in all matters that significantly affect the services they receive.
- Promoting the interests, rights, choices and well being of those in Ealing and Hounslow experiencing mental health issues.
- Providing welcoming and accessible services.
- Developing and disseminating information to help reduce the prejudices associated with mental illness.